AS WOOD LOVERS, IT'S IMPORTANT TO KNOW THE DO'S AND DONT'S IN MAINTAINING OUR WOOD FLOORING TO PRESERVE THE BEAUTY OF OUR FLOORS. READ THESE GUIDE TO HELP YOU PRESERVE THE LONGETIVITY OF YOUR EXOTIC WOOD FLOORING.
WOOD FLOOR MAINTENANCE : DOs & DONTs
1. Heavy appliances such as piano, big dining table and furnitures should have wide-bearing, non-staining glides or casters.
2. When moving appliances / furniture, slide them slowly over the floor on a clean piece of carpet turned upside-down.
3. Place rugs at entrance doorways ( inside and out ) and in high traffic areas to make long term maintenance easier and less costly to avoid sand or stone particles that can scratch or damage the wood floor.
4. For general cleaning, use a dust mop or vacuum
5. Keep grit off the floor. Dust, mop or vacuum regularly and keep door mats clean
6. Wipe spills promptly with a dry cloth. Use a slightly dampened cloth for sticky spills
1. Do not wax the floor
2. Discourage the wearing of high heel shoes, avoid pebbles and other abbrasives
3. Do not use wool on the floor.
4. Do not use soap or strong detergents and never pour water directly on to the floors.
5. Do not use ammonia-based cleaners
6. Do not use an extremely wet mop to clean the floor
Refer to the maintenance care pdf for further instruction or contact the nearest KROYA service center.